Are you moving house soon and thinking whether you will need a man with a van service or a professional house removals service?
Well, transporting your belongings from your current house to your new property is a very important task, as you will need to pack everything nicely and fit them into your moving vehicle and make sure all the stuff remains secure and safe during the transit.
Moving a full houseload of belongings is a physically demanding task, and it is natural to consider getting assistance to save time and effort.
If you need help relocating, the two most popular options in the UK are a man and van service and a professional removal business.
However, deciding between the two is not as simple as you think, especially if you are unsure of the distinctions between a man with a van service and a full removal service from a professional house mover.
In this article, we’re going to discuss what is a man with van service and if a professional removal company is a better option for you.
Read on to find out more!
What Is Man With A Van Service?
A man and van service, as the name implies, consists mostly of a single man and his van.
This service is appropriate for smaller-scale house relocation, usually over a shorter distance locally.
The smaller distance and quality of items means that fewer workers are needed and the use of a transit van rather than a moving lorry is appropriate.
A man and van service are typically used for:
• Small house removals
• Small office moves
• Student removals
• Large item collection or delivery services
• Parcel deliveries
• Furniture delivery or collections
• House clearance
• Piano removals
What Can A Professional Removal Company Offer You?
A professional removal firm, on the other hand, provides moving services for people who are relocating their whole home or business.
A removal company will provide you with removal services that will make your house (or business) relocation easier and less stressful, allowing you to enjoy your moving experience more.
Furthermore, a removal company not only moves your belongings, especially heavy appliances and cumbersome furniture, but also provides other moving services, such as those stated below:
• Packing supplies.
• Packing and unpacking services.
• Dismantling and reassembling furniture.
• Storage solutions for moving.
• Collect your items for storage.
• Delivery of your items when you need them.
• Removals Insurance if required.
Just to be aware that a man with a van does not offer any additional moving services, so there is no option of having someone to help you do your packing or unpacking your items or provide you with storage solutions for your move.
Pros And Cons Of Using A Man and A Van Services
Now you know what a man with a van service can offer you, let’s explore the advantages and disadvantages of using a man with a van service.
Pros of using a man with a van service:
• Value for money.
• Ideal for a smaller move.
• Great for moving locally.
• Same-day booking is possible.
• Single-item collection or delivery.
• Waste removal services.
Cons of using a man with a van service:
• Not fully trained for handling your moving items.
• Can only move a small number of items.
• Not suitable for long-distance removals.
• No storage option.
• No packing or unpacking services.
• May need your help moving heavy items.
• Not all man and van services offer insurance coverage for moving.
• No inventory list and you may not know what items are missing.
Pros And Cons Of Using a Professional Removal Company
Hiring professional movers to assist you with your relocation can save you a lot of stress and time, particularly if you are moving a great distance away from your current location.
They are expert movers who have been properly trained to assist you with your relocation. This level of professionalism ensures the moving process is safer, more efficient, and less stressful.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a professional removal company:
Pros Of Using A Professional Removal Company:
• They are experienced and fully trained movers
• They make sure your belongings are safe and secure during transit.
• Movers will help you plan and organise your move.
• You don’t need to get your hand dirty.
• Less stressful during your relocation.
• Save your time so that you can have more time with other plans.
• Give you a more pleasant moving experience.
• Packing supplies available.
• Offer full package removal services that can be tailored to suit your needs.
• Packing and unpacking services are available.
• Storage solutions for removals.
• They can handle all types of moves.
• They can provide more movers if needed.
• They have a variety of moving vehicles to help you move.
• Part-load or full-load removal services.
• Dismantle and reassemble your belongings.
• They are usually a member of the British Association of Removals to ensure the quality of services.
Cons Of Using A Professional Removal Company:
• Higher cost for your move.
• Need to book in advance.
• Do not offer single-item collection or delivery.
Situations That You May Need A Professional Removal Company
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of both a man with a van service and a professional removal company can help you make an informed decision about which removal services would best assist you with your move.
However, there may be other situations that a professional removal company will be needed to do a better job.
These can be:
• To move valuable items that required special care and attention.
• To move some large and very heavy items that require more manpower.
• You have a large volume of items to move.
• You are moving a long distance away.
• Give you piece of mind knowing you’re in the safe hands of expert movers.
Now we have discussed the pros and cons of a man and van service and a professional removal company, we hope it helps you to have a clearer idea of who you need to assist you with your move.
Need Relocation Advice? Get In Touch With Us Today!
If you are planning a move and have some questions about house removals, or simply just want to have an estimated cost for your move, please get in touch with Curtiss Moving & Storage Portsmouth on 023 9298 5830, our friendly team is here ready to assist you!
Please also check out our other moving resources which can help you plan and organise your move – Moving house Checklist & Change Of Address Checklist here.
Good luck with your move!